Working in and with our community
We open our doors to groups working in the community and we encourage interesting discussion that will inform and provide occasions for people to meet. In October 2011, we held our first salon-style informal discussions with fascinating people in our community, called “Have You Ever Met…?”
La Grange provides the venue for annual lectures and discussions by policy and academic groups, such as the Signals group of Carleton University.
These are some of our close associations and partnerships:
- Association l’Art de l’ordinaire, hosting regular exhibitions and promoting local artists.
- Youth Group of the CLD des Collines who meet regularly at La Grange de la Gatineau.
- Friends of Parc Mary Anne Phillips.
- Cantley 1889, an association to discover, catalogue, protect and promote the heritage of Cantley – La Grange is proud to serve as the headquarters for the association and hosts regular meetings of the board. Brigid Phillips Janssen in vice president of Cantley 1889.
- Gatineau Valley Historical Society.
- We hold an annual Remembrance Day reception, welcoming the troops of CFB Petawawa.
- La Grange de la Gatineau is a member of the Cantley business association, AGAC.
Can La Grange de la Gatineau help you?
If you have an association or group that you think reflects the mission of La Grange de la Gatineau, do not hesitate to contact us and we will be happy to consider offering you special arrangements for use of La Grange de la Gatineau .
We would like to warmly thank the photographers whose fantastic photos appear on this website:
- Mark Cooper
- Michel Gauthier
- Paul Galipeau
- Ben Welland
- Ima Ortega
- Ron Poling
… and a big thanks to our Grange staff for all their wonderful photos too!
Special thanks to John Claxton, Kai Zhuang and Emma Janssen for their amazing creativity in developing this beautiful website. Let them know what you think of it on our Facebook page!